Thursday, August 17, 2006

Kevin Drum's writing self-censored through BDS lense

Get a fucking clue Kevin -- as much as you may hate Bush, he's a heck of a lot better than the head choppers and mullahs who would put you and your kind up against a wall in a heartbeat.

‘When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.’ -- Edmund Burke

Washington Monthly
Kevin Drum:
...For example, should I be more vocal in denouncing Iran? Sure. It's a repressive, misogynistic, theocratic, terrorist-sponsoring state that stands for everything I stand against. Of course I should speak out against them.

And yet, I know perfectly well that criticism of Iran is not just criticism of Iran. Whether I want it to or not, it also provides support for the Bush administration's determined and deliberate effort to whip up enthusiasm for a military strike. Only a naif would view criticism of Iran in a vacuum, without also seeing the way it will be used by an administration that has demonstrated time and again that it can't be trusted to act wisely.

So what to do? For the most part, I end up saying very little...

No comments: