Monday, November 20, 2006

Run away! Run away! Object terrorizes London

Heh. When I was a child I had a live .50cal bullet as part of my collection in my bedroom. Astonishingly, I'm still here to type this post. Its a miracle I'm still alive I guess ;->

Guardian-Series
LIVE ammunition has been found lying in the doorway of a busy high street shop.

The .22 calibre short round bullet was found at the entrance of the 99p Stores in Walthamstow High Street on Wednesday morning, November 1.[...]

[...]"How can you feel safe when you are finding things like this on the street?[...]

[...]Police are treating the unattended ammunition as a crime. Mr Khan alerted them at 10.16am, and they arrived at his shop to pick up the bullet at 11.32am.
H/T Tigerhawk

4 comments:

tommy said...

The Brits are such unbelievable pussies. It is truly sad how far they've come in the past 100 or so years. I mean, imagine if these guys came across some 5.56mm NATO rounds: the whole city would have to be evacuated.

Brooke said...

So finding a mere bullet is a crime?

I suppose that's because they don't allow law-abiding citizens to defend themselves properly with firearms.

MikeT said...

The brits may be pussies, but we're often no better. They send SWAT units to homes because they find some Mary J seeds in their trashcan. Take this case for example, where a SWAT team shot a woman in a nightgown point-blank because she **held** a gun while they barged into her room in the wee hours of the morning all because some local vice squad pig found some seeds in her trashcan.

The irony? She wasn't even involved at all, her son just smoked a little pot here and there. A woman was murdered by the police over a few seeds of Mary J.

I don't think even the Brits can claim that level of depravity yet.

Purple Avenger said...

I don't think even the Brits can claim that level of depravity yet.

They whacked that innocent dude with the backpack on the train a few years ago...