Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Theatres reopen in Mogadishu, ICU leaders missing

SomaliNetNews
[...]When I visited the north of the capital just half an hour ago, I could see that the Khat leafy, which was already banned by the Islamists, is being sold publicly. Cinemas also began to open for viewing.

All the khat dealers and consumers seem to feel relief. Some are happy to get back to their normal life.

“I am very happy that Islamists go away and the government came in because the Islamists made the life difficulty and blocked me to get access for my daily life and feed my children as they banned the sale of Khat leafs,” Amina Haji, one of female khat dealer told SomaliNet.

Here Mogadishu, no one knows whereabouts of the leaders of ICU including Sheik Sharif Sheik Ahmed and others.

No comments: