Thursday, January 11, 2007

David Petraeus - Scorpio


I don't normally put much stock in Astrological nonsense (I'm an INTJ engineer, so that astrological stuff is by definition bullshit), but I do note that for whatever reason, the standard descriptions of Scorpio fit me perfectly. I read them and they are indeed exactly who I am. Bullshit or not, I am a textbook Scorpio, born Nov 13, smack in the middle of the Scorpio birthday range.

So I'm watching the news the past week or so and I notice things happening. The AC-130 deal in Somalia, a distinct uptick in the tempo of what's going on in Iraq and for some odd reason, the question pops into my head -- "I wonder if Petraeus is a Scorpio?"

A: Yea, he is. So was Georgie Patton (November 11)

ANSWERS.COM
David Petraeus (born November 7, 1952) is a Lieutenant General in the United States Army. From 2004-2005, he was given the crucial task of building and training Iraq's security forces...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean man. I was a total disbeliever of astrology because I didn't fit my sign (Leo) well at all. Then I had a discussion with a True Believer that ultimately led to an examination of an actual natal chart based upon my birth information and the resulting profile fit me like a glove. Another interesting note: some guy named Gauqelin (I think) once did a skeptical study checking out birth charts of athletes, speculating that Mars should have an influence on their abilities. Much to his surprise, he found some sort of correlation.

That said, I still think that daily horoscope stuff only holds value as light entertainment fare.

Mrs Xoke said...

Dear lord PA. We share the same birthday!