Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Food blogging - hot sauce recommendation

I just picked up a little bottle of hot sauce at Big Lots. Normally I don't have much in the way of expectations when something claims to be "hot". Usually that means mild by my standards.

However, Desert Creatures Scorpion's Sting hot sauce has exceeded all expectations and then some. This stuff is the real deal and clearly made with a generous percentage of Habanero peppers. Just opening the bottle one could smell that very distinctive Habanero aroma and I just knew this would be a special experience.

If you like HOT stuff, pick up a bottle. Roughly equivalent habanero hot sauces from specialty stores have cost me in the $5/bottle range. This stuff is dirt cheap and outstanding.

Warning: Habanero peppers are seriously hot and make jalapeƱos look wimpy. Habanero products are to be treated with respect ;->

1 comment:

That Broad said...

I don't think I could do it. I like a little heat, but I tend to avoid tongue numbing hot stuff.